Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! I'm am Thankful for you all!! I hope everyone has a blessed day today!!
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
I'm so sorry to all my faithful readers for my lack of posts lately. I'm just really bummed that I have not been contacted by the people I interviewed for. I just keep thinking that it must not be meant for me! But yet, My heart skips a beat everytime my phone rings. I pray and I pray hard for God to do His will for me and maybe this just isn't it. Hopefully things will get better soon!
I am very Thankful for everything I do have! And I Thank God everyday for every little good and bad thing that has happened to me! I know I will be fine, it's just hard sometimes...especially with the holidays rolling around. It will be yet another Christmas in which I can not buy gifts for the ones I love. That makes me the most sad, because I LOVE to give gifts! I guess I need to get crafty and make some things! I'm not to good at it, but hey, it's worth a shot! I did win a wonderful gift from my bloggy friend LA and that put a little sunshine to my day! I love it, but I will probably be gifting it this Christmas (hope you don't mind Leah).
Please send prayers my way if you have a second! They will all be greatly appreciated! I love you all!!! Take care and have a wonderful blessed Thanksgiving!!
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Although, I'm a little late on finding these wonderful giveaways, I still feel the need to share. Over at thoughts for the Mrs. (you can click on the button above to get there) she is having some great giveaways right in time for the holidays! So, check it out!
Friday, November 21, 2008
There's a new business in our town called The Shake Shack! It's local, but maybe as the business grows they will start shipping their products! My Aunt has a post and giveaway for the new business on her blog! You can click here and check it out!!
Thursday, November 20, 2008
My friend Aubrey at The Fam Five has a post with 10 things that she loves, but with a twist! The twist is that they all have to start with the same letter! Her chosen letter is "i"! She asked if anyone wanted to play along and I said "SURE!" So, she gave me "L"! Here's my list! O.K. Actually it was supposed to be favorite things, but things you love is pretty much the same, right?!
1. Little toes! Little toes as in baby toes! I love some baby feet!
2. Long hot baths! When I get the chance (not too often around here) I love to take a long hot bath. It's so relaxing to me!!
3. Lord! I love the Lord for giving me eternal life!!
4. Links! I love links, as in website links, blog links, etc.! I love blogging and the internet! It's one of my best friends ya know!! LOL!
5. Leopards! Leopards are really pretty animals to me! I like leopard print as well!
6. Lights!! I love Christmas lights! I love to drive around and look at all the pretty Christmas lights all over town!I also like Marlboro Lights, but that's not a very good like, so just pretend you didn't read that one!
7. Lemonade! But only fresh squeezed lemonade like you get at the fair!
8. Long walks on the beach! O.K., so I haven't actually done this because we live so far from beaches, but I know I would love it! Maybe one day, I'll live closer to one!
9. Lists! I like Christmas lists: reading others and writing my own! I also love my lists of blogs!! See, the internet addiction is coming out again! I can't get away from it!! HELP ME!!
10. Love! I love LOVE. Love of my Lord, for my Lord. Love of my children, for my children, and love of my family and friends!! Love is a wonderful feeling to have!
There's my 10 and it was like pulling teeth trying to think of 10 with a "L" just so you know! Go ahead and think about it for a minute! You'll see what I'm talking about! If anyone else would like to join in, let me know and I'll pick you a letter, or you can pick your own. Have fun!
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
My bloggy friend Leah Allen at Ahh, These are the Days of Our Lives is hosting a giveaway!! It's a great prize so head over there and check it out! Be sure to read the rules! Don't miss out!! So, What are you waiting for....GO NOW!! Oh yea, and have a great day!!
Monday, November 17, 2008
Please go vote for Keli at Dream.Imagine.Live for the Prego Fun with Food Contest at 5 minutes for mom! She's number 13! Some of you know her, I'm sure, but for those of you who don't, Please go vote for her for me!!! I'm rootin for ya Keli!! Best of luck!
P.S. That's kind of confusing..it looks like I meant to click on her site...sorry! Please go to the 5 minutes for mom link!! Thanks so much!
It's that time again! It's Not Me Monday with the famous McKmama! Go check out her blog to read many more great Not Me Posts! I promise you'll chuckle at least a few times!
1. I did not skip Not Me Monday last week simply because I couldn't think of ANYTHING! I have four kids...I know there had to be something!!
2. I did not totally enjoy my Ladies' night Friday night! I didn't laugh my butt off most of the night! And of course I missed my kids!!
3. I am not really anxious about getting a phone call about the job I interviewed for and I'm not upset that they haven't called yet! WWWAAAAHHH!!
4. I did not spend most of my week blogging (especially entering giveaways!) That would be a total waste of time!
5. I did not decide that I would go on a cleaning frenzy only to end up cleaning my dining room and bathroom this weekend! That would be very lazy! And I'm not lazy, I tell ya!!
6. I'm not completely drawing a blank of anymore Not Me's that I've done this past week. I always right them down so I won't forget!!
Saturday, November 15, 2008
It's time again for Then Sings My Soul Saturdays! You can head on over here to read more entries.
The song I chose today, is one that we sing at church often. I love it! I love the words and I love the way I feel listening and singing this song! Blessed by Your Name has wonderful lyrics. If you haven't heard it before, be sure to listen to the whole song! My favorite part of this song, is the "You give and take away" part! That is so true! And no matter what the Lord gives or takes away, we should always Bless HIS name. Enjoy!
Last night, we had a Ladies' game night with some of the ladies from our church and a few more of their friends. It started at 7:00 and we actually talked until about 10:00..lol! I guess that's women for ya! We shared funny kid stories and talked about men of course! At one point I said, "o.k., we are having a night without our kids, but yet that's all we're talking about!" So, I finally convinced everyone to play a game. We played Mad Gab and it was a blast! It was so funny listening to everyone try to figure out the phrase!
I can't remember the last time I've had a Ladies' night! I've definetly decided that I need to do this more often! It was so refreshing, relaxing, and fun!
On a side note: I still haven't gotten a call about the job, but hopefully I will Monday!! I'm still praying about it!
Thursday, November 13, 2008
I decided to take part in Mama's Losin'It's weekly writing assignment. You can click here to read all the prompts to chose from and also read many others' writing adventures. I chose (obviously from my title) "I thought I saw... So, here I go:
I thought I saw a babysitter, nanny, friend, grandparent,(the names could go on and on) pulling in my driveway today to kidnap my kids for ONE WHOLE DAY!! Yes, a whole 24 hours of kid-free relaxation for ME!!
O.K., So, I didn't think I saw this, but I did dream, think, hope, and pray for it! Does that count?!!
Does anyone want to volunteer? You can leave a comment or email me if you'd like and I'll be sure to reply promptly!! Thanks, ahead of time!
P.S. (I think the lack of sleep from being up with a puking 3 yr old all night is really beginning to get to me! What do you think?)
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
O.K. So, I went to my interview this morning and I think that it went really well. He seemed interested and he immediately called my references the minute I left, because they told me. I hope that's a good sign! We'll see, I'm still praying!! I'll let everyone know as soon as I hear something.
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Everyone could use some gifts this time of the year! Christmas is right around the corner! You can head over to Tip Junkie and check out the Mom-preneur Shop-a-thon! They are picking two winners daily!! So, hurry and try to win some great gifts for this Christmas Holiday!!
As you can see, I have a new header!!! Shelley at Whereever Life Takes Us (you can find her on my side bar) made it for me and I love it!! Also, I sent an application in yesterday for a job and I got a call this morning for an interview tommorow at 9:00am!! Hopefully this will be the answers to all my (and everyone else who has been praying for me!) prayers!! Keep me in your prayers all and I will let you know as soon as I find something out!! Thanks so much!!
Monday, November 10, 2008
I'm feeling the bloggy love again!! My new (fairly new) and wonderful bloggy friend Leah at Ahh, These are the days of our lives gave me this too cute blog award!! I really love reading Leah's blog and receiving her great comments!! I'm so thankful to have "met" her. O.K. and now I just realized that Becky at Smile! Its Becky! gave me this very same award! (I should really read ALL the blogs before I post things like this. But who was to know that I was loved this much?!) The rules of this award are:
1. Name 5 things you love
2. Pass the award on to 5 blogs you love
3. Link back to the giver's blog and tell how fabulous they are (or I am..lol)
I didn't make up those rules either, I promise!
5 things I love:
1. I LOVE the Lord, God, Jesus, my Messiah, Savior, and so on and so on!! He is all of those wrapped up in one and he is the best thing that ever happened in my little life! I'm enjoying growing closer with Him day after day!!
2. I LOVE my children! Stratton, Trenton, Kennedie, and Kadence are my four beautiful, special children and I love them very, very much!!
3. I LOVE my family! O.K., I know my children are including in that, but I mean my mom, dad,sister, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and nephew! Each one of them are special to me in their own little way!
4. I LOVE my friends! I love my best friend Keitha and I love all of you, my blog friends! I have found so many special people on this computer and I will be forever grateful!! You are all WONDERFUL WOMEN!!! And Thank you for finding me or me finding you, which ever way it happened! LOL!
5. I LOVE my church family! I have been going to my church Journey (you can find it on my sidebar) for a few months now and have found great family and friends to worship with! We have so much fun getting together and growing closer to God together!!
Now, for the part I don't like; Picking 5 out of all the wonderful blogs that I love to read! But since those are the rules, then here are my picks: (If I didn't pick you this time, please know, I do LOVE you too, I promise!!)
1. Pam at You're Gonna Miss This
2. Becky at My Crazy Beautiful Life
3. Elaine at Matters of the Heart
4. Keli at Dream.Imagine.Live
5. Tonya at Safe in HIS arms
Here's some of the pictures we took this weekend! Of course I had to add some of the outtakes as well, because, well that's my kids for ya! I'm pretty satisfied considering there were 5 kids being photographed! Please leave feedback, I'd love to here your opinions.
CAMERON (MY Nephew)
This is how Kennedie would smile ALL the time if it were up to her..LOL! I have to tell her "Don't smile so big!" I can imagine you all see why I tell her this!!
There are more, like some individual ones of my kids too, but I will be having a new header in the next few days and I'm using those for that!
Saturday, November 8, 2008
I know everyone was expecting to see pictures when they read the title, but I want be able to share until Monday. My photographer (aka Aunt Shelley) is getting her computer fixed and she won't have it back until then!!
We attempted to take pictures of all 4 of my kiddos today, along with my nephew Cameron as well. So, let's see...5 kids ages 8, 5, 3, 1, and 1...needless to say, this was a very difficult task!
Each kid had their moments..Stratton, being the oldest, should've been the best. But, Shelley told me as she was checking them out on her camera that we would've had a few more good ones if he wouldn't have been sticking out his tongue!! I said, "Are you kidding me?! I wasn't even paying attention to THAT kid, because I just knew I didn't have to worry about him making crazy faces during pictures!!" Guess I was wrong! I think I'll have to post some of the outtakes too, because I'm sure they will bring laughter to my blog world..
Trenton (5) smiled very goofy in many of the pics
Kennedie (3) is actually my most photogenic child and she did pretty good, except when the boys would run off and she would follow!
Kadence (my baby) was NOT, in any way, in a picture taking mood! She cried (I'll post some of these too..lol), she reached for me, she ran, she stood, she sat...you name it, she did it!
Cameron (nephew) did fairly well, except when he gets excited he puts his hands up and he didn't want to stay still for long either.
So, Shelley said she thinks she got one that's pretty good of all 5, probably not any of just my 4 (dang it!) I asked her if we could just clone Cameron out of the good one of all 5, so I could have one of mine for Christmas cards...but she didn't respond. I think she thought I was kidding! (I"M NOT!!)
She did say that she got good ones of all the kids by themselves, so that's good! That means, I will also have a new header soon! YAY!! You know, one that actually shows my oldest son's face!!
So, stay tuned on Monday, and I will share my good, ok, and not-so-ok pictures! I am excited though, because I've NEVER gotten all 4 of my kids pictures made on a professional level, so I will be framing something---tongue sticking out...cries...and all!!
Friday, November 7, 2008
I've been reading blogs that participate in Then Sings My Soul Saturdays and I've been wanting to participate. I figured, what better time, then now!(especially after my previous post) This is one of my favorite worship songs right now! I love it and I sing it all the time! This video was put together wonderfully to go with the lyrics and I wanted to share it. Enjoy! You can follow go to signs, miracles, and wonders to check out more Then Sings My Soul Saturdays posts.
O.k., I've been thinking about what to post the last couple of days and haven't really come up with much until now...I decided that I needed to post a few things that have been on my mind lately.
Can anyone explain to me why is it that I FINALLY finished college after 10 yrs of attending, through the birth of my 4 children, a marriage, a divorce, and so on and so on...and I can't find a job?????!!!! (I'm sorry if I appear to be ranting) I just don't understand why people want to hire ONLY people with prior experience. HELLO! I have been going to college the last 10 yrs...I don't have any experience actually working in the field yet! Although, I probably have more education about the field than some of the people that get hired over me do! It's just so irritating....errrrrr!!! I've even applied for MANY jobs that don't even call me for an interview!! How is that fair? At least give a woman a chance here!! I know that I really need to be working, being I have 4 children and all, but it's so hard for me to just go back to being a cashier working for minimum wage, when I worked SO hard to get that piece of paper called a diploma!!! Shouldn't that account for something?? Anything? At least something better than minimum wage???!!
I know this is partly due to my location. There are not many job opportunities around here, but there are some, because I have faithfully applied for any one of them that pop up! I keep telling myself that if I had the money, I would just go back to school and get my masters and become a therapist.(they say crazy people make the best therapists...lol) But even then, there probably still wouldn't be anything!
I'm just fed up with it! I'm tired of subbing for a little bit of nothing to make ends meet! I need a real job! One that pays me for my hard-earned degree! Geez! I keep praying and praying and praying...and looking and looking and looking...and so far nothing! I have faith in God that everything will come together for me eventually, but I'm just ready for it NOW! I know I shouldn't be so impatient, but I feel like such a loser when people ask me what I'm doing now and I have to say...ummm..let me see...nothing... But I do have a bach. degree in Social Work and the response I get is: "Oh, there's a lot of jobs in that field. You shouldn't have any problems finding a job." HA HA HA! That's actually what I thought too while I was dwindling away my last few weeks of college. I seriously thought to myself, "I'm going to have a job as soon as I start applying!" Boy, was I fooled!
I seriously could go on and on about this, but I'll stop now, before I get even more carried away! Please, all my dear bloggy friends, if you don't mind...Will you please say a prayer for me? I would so greatly appreciate it!! I LOVE YOU ALL!! If it weren't for bloggy world, I would be in a nut house about right now!!
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
All I have to say is Pray, Pray, and Pray some more!!! I know I will be!
Monday, November 3, 2008
It's that time again! Not Me Mondays with McKmama! Click on the picture above and check out the other Not Me posts. Here is my weekly dose:
1. I did not spend hours and days entering hundreds of giveaways! I thought surely I'd win at least one! I did not find out today that I won 3!! (woohoo) I guess it was not worth it then! lol!
2. I did not decide that I thought it would be a good idea to try to do a pull up while hanging out with my church buddies. And I did not pull a muscle while not doing that either. (it really does hurt!)
3. My youngest child did not puke at the first house we stopped at while trick or treating! She did not eat way too much junk all day and have an upset stomach!
4. I did not laugh my butt off at my 2 girls when they were completely terrified of my oldest son in his Grim Reaper costume. That would make me a mean mommma for laughing at them babies!!
Well that's all I can think of for my Not me's this week. I'm sure there are more, but that'll do for now!!
Sunday, November 2, 2008
O.K. So I said I would be back to posting by Saturday. Well, I wasn't and I have no real excuse for it either. I have had a pretty good weekend though.
Friday: I went to Kadie's Halloween party at her "school". It was total Chaos, but still a lot of fun! That night, I took the girls Trick or Treating (i will post pics as soon as my mom emails them to me) and the boys went with their dad. We didn't stay out long, but got way too much candy anyway!
Saturday: Had a garage sale and stayed there until about 1:30 and then at 4, I went to a Fall gathering at a fellow church goers house. There were a lot of people from the church there and some others as well. It was loads of fun! They had so much to do for kids at their house! They had a HUGE treehouse (that was actually on the ground) that had bridges and slides! They also had a zipline for the kids to glide down! That was a big hit with Kennedie and she did it over and over and over again! We ate grilled hot dogs and hamburgers with chips and dip! Then we ended the night with a fire and smores!!(YUMMMMMM!!)
Sunday: We had a great sermon at church and had a great small group this evening! In between the two, I didn't do much of anything but rest.
So, that's what I've been up too this weekend! I haven't won any of the giveaways so far, but maybe there's still hope.
Oh yea, also, My son was on the honor roll for this semester and I attended his awards assembly! I felt so honored and was so happy and proud of him! Stratton struggles sometimes, so this was a huge accomplishment for him! Also, there were just 7 out of the 20 in the class who were given this honor, so that made me even more proud! I hope he can keep up the good work!