Friday, September 26, 2008

A Few Inspiring Words...

Tonight, I felt the need for some inspiring words. After all the deaths that have occurred this week, I decided to go on a search for inspiring quotes. Not neccessarily about death, but just comforting words to lighten the air.

Just for a short recap for readers not in my area. One wreck took the life of a 19 yr old young man who was hit head on by another driver who is still in critical condition. The next was a very young 14 yr old who took her own life..so so sad. The last was another wreck involving one vehicle in which the passenger, another 19 yr old young man also lost his life. I don't chose to go into detail at the moment..I've read about it all too much already.

At this point, I am tired of wondering why and hoping these young people were right with God, and so on and so forth. So, with that being said....

Here's what I found: (Many I've heard before, but felt they were worth repeating)

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding" (NIV) Proverbs 3.5

Oh, how true is this?! Sometimes it is so hard to take things that are thrown at you in this life, but this verse says it all!

"Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and He will establish your plans" (NIV)
Proverbs 16.3


"Get wisdom, get understanding; do not forget my words or turn away from them" (NIV)
Proverbs 4:5


"Better a little with the fear of the LORD than great wealth with turmoil" (NIV)
Proverbs 15:16


Other quotes not from the bible:

"Most of the shadows of this life are caused by our standing in our own sunshine"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Now that's one to think about...

"Reputation is what men and women think of us; Character is what God and angels know of us"-Thomas Paine
I absolutely loved that one! What others think is not important; Only God's opinion truly matters in the end.

"What you dislike in another take care to correct in yourself"-Thomas Sprat

If only all people thought this way....

"The greatest of faults, I should say, is to be conscious of none"-Thomas Carlyle


And the quote I chose to end with just really made me laugh and think "I can see myself doing this when my kids are teenagers too!!"

"As a mother of teenagers, do you know how many times I picked up the phone to apologize to my own mother?-Christy Borgeld

1 comments:

Sugar Mommy September 29, 2008 at 11:39 PM  

Thanks you so much!
Loved ALL of them!

You kiddos are too sweet!
Looking forward to following your site! Congrats on finishing your degree! What an accomplishment with 4 kiddos! You shouyld be very proud!

I can see Mckmama will be VERY addictive! She is an inspiration!

Kimberly

A little about me:

I enjoy reading other people's blogs, and I love getting comments from my readers! I just got a job and I'll update as I get more into the job scene! I am working hard to improve my daily walk with Christ, and gets lots of guidance in doing so from my church family and friends. Please feel free to "follow" me on my blog, to check out the happenings of my day to day life as a mom to 4!

Where You Can Find Me

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP