I know everyone has to be wondering where I've been all week?! Or at least a few have noticed that I haven't been posting?! Maybe, hopefully, surely...I don't know, but if you are one of the ones wondering, I've been having a slight obsession with entering over 1,000 bloggy giveaways at www.donttryit.com/bloggy_giveaways! I know, kinda crazy to sit around and actually enter nearly all of them! But it's been fun and I hope to win at least 1!! So, with that being said, I promise to be back with your regularly scheduled program at least by Sat. See ya soon!
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Monday, October 27, 2008
It's that time again! Not Me Monday's with MckMama is underway! Check out her blog to read other Not Me post's and be prepared to stay awhile and enjoy the laughs!
1. I did not find Kennedie playing make up last week. And she did not say "I look piitttyyy mama" when I caught her. And I did not have to run grab my camera, all the while laughing my butt off!
2. I am not already tired of deer season, because I definetly do not feel like a single mom, while daddy is hunting everyday that he's off work!
3. I did not take my 3 yr old to preschool this morning with partially wet hair, because I didn't have time to dry it all the way! And it wasn't very cold this morning when I didn't do that!
4. I did not wake up to 3 kids in the bed with me this morning and wonder why I did not sleep well last night!
I can't think of anymore at the moment, now I'm off to read other Not Me posts. Have a great week everyone!!
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Yesterday was Stratton's last football game of the season. This was his first year to play. He didn't know much about it at all when he started, but he finally began to catch on in the end. He didn't get much playing time each game. He wasn't very aggressive, I think because he was scared he would do something wrong. But, I think next year will be better. He likes it a lot! Here a some pics from the game.
I had to keep chasing Kennedie because she kept wanting to play under the bleachers.(see below) The pictures where they are all lined up on the field is when they gave them their trophies for the season. We came in 3rd. (i think...LOL) It was a lot of fun, but I am glad it's over with!
Oh yea, we lost by the way, but it was a very good game!
Friday, October 24, 2008
It's always nice when I find my little princess in situations like this! All I could do was laugh to be honest with you. I know, I should've scolded her, but I couldn't help but smile when I got this response, "I look pitttyy mama"!! Yes that's mascara and my make up bag behind her.
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
O.K. as promised, here are some pictures from my reunion! I didn't take very many and the ones at the resturant are dark! We started the day with a picnic so everyone could see each other's little ones. It was a lot of fun and there were more people there than I expected. That night we went to The River(a local resturant and bar) where we had steak, a DJ, and dancing! It was a blast! I wish I would've taken more pictures! And the only one of me dancing is the really dark one, but I think I'm kinda glad! LOL!
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
I am overly excited about these bloggy awards I am getting! I know that's very childish of me to be sooo excited about a being picked for a blog award, but I DON'T CARE...LOl You can laugh at me if you want too!!
This particular beauty was given to me by Heidi at Tayterjaq's Rebels! I have just recently "met" her and she doesn't know a whole lot of bloggy friends yet, so please stop by and say Hello! She's so sweet and I love getting her comments on my posts!
The rules of this award is that I have to list 6 things that I love! So, here it goes:
1. I LOVE the LORD! I am so thankful to have Jesus in my life and especially to have just recently gotten Him back active in my life! By that I mean, until a few months ago, I didn't go to church, I rarely prayed, and I made very bad choices everyday from the words that came out of my mouth to acting ways I shouldn't have been acting. I'm not saying that I still don't do wrong, because everyone is guilty of sin. I don't care who you are, you sin too! But I've been making great strides to straighten up my life and live for the Lord and not for myself, my family, or other junk in this crazy world. Oh, and it's been so great meeting so many people on blogs that love the Lord and speak of Him often as well. This helps me a lot and gives me courage to keep on stepping to the right tune!
2. I LOVE my family! I love my children: Stratton, Trenton, Kennedie, and Kadence- I love my mom, dad, sister, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc.! Family is great and it's nice to live fairly close to most of mine!!
3. I LOVE my friends! I love my best friend Keitha! She's wonderful and is always there for me no matter what the situation is! I wish she blogged so you could all "meet" her too. (maybe I'll try to talk her into it!) I love my bloggy friends as well! I've met so many wonderful people on this computer that I'm shocked!! I never thought I would enjoy reading and getting to know so many people when I decided to join the blog world! But I'm so glad that I have and I can't wait to meet more! I also LOVE my new church friends! They are all great and I'm so glad to have met them!
4. I LOVE to eat!! O.K., so I dipped into a lighter side of my loves, but hey everything doesn't have to be so serious! LOL! I like real food, junk food, fast food, you name it, I probably like it! I really should eat healthier and have actually been contemplating it over and over in my head, but just haven't took that course of action! I get kind of sad when I think about leaving my double-stuffed oreos, powdered donuts, and candy (this list is too long to name..sry!!)
5. I LOVE The Biggest Loser! Right now this is my highlight of the week, which was tonight! I love this show and you would think it would inspire me to get rid of those bad habits up there! But, nope, I enjoy watching it while I eat that stuff most of the time! I know, that's pitiful, but hey, I'm honest!!
6. I LOVE music! I love christian music, country music, hip hop..I like a lot of different kinds of music! I love to drive and listen to tunes! It's very relaxing to me!(not to mention it drowns out the screaming kiddos pretty well too!!)
Now, the rules say to pass this on to six of my bloggy friends! So here I go:
1. Amie at Heart Smiles! I love reading this blog! She is such an inspiration and I get smiles (and tears) often while reading her posts!
2. Rissa at My Hands Dance. I've recently started reading her blog and her family has a lot of similarities to my family!
3. Marie at Sawyerfied! I love reading this blog as well! She has lots of stories about her family and many references to scripture!
4. Avery Tales! She leaves lots of great comments and I enjoy reading about her little family a bunch!
5. Shelley at Wherever Life Takes Us! This is my Aunt and she is the one who encouraged me to start blogging. I read her blog a many of times before starting my own and she's also the one that did my header! She makes lots of posts and is a wonderful photographer! You should really go check out her stuff, she's great!!
6. Mandy at Peace and Craziness! This is another local blog and church friend of mine! She is a wonderful mother and is devoted to the Lord. She also helps adopt out pets who are in shelters or that she just finds wondering around! She loves to help people and she writes great posts, so go check her out as well!
By the way, for the ones who think I left you out...it's just because I knew you already had received this award recently *grin*! I haven't forgotten you!!!
I was presented this award from one of my favorite fellow bloggers at Smile!Its Becky She is so sweet and has great posts! Everyone should go check her out!!
I'm passing this award on to:
1. Pam at You're Gonna Miss this
2. Liz at About a Boy(or Two)
3. Tonya At Safe in HIS Arms
4. Kelsey at K is...Not your Average Girl
5. Elaine at Matters of the Heart
I am really feeling the bloggy love today!! Take Care everyone and I wish I could give this award to ALL of you!
Monday, October 20, 2008
It's that time again! It's time for McKmama's Not Me Monday's! I don't have very many, but here we go!
I did not have a total blast at my 10 yr class reunion this past weekend. I did not dance like I was in high school again! (pictures to come later)
I did not walk into my kitchen after hearing screams and find that my two little (precious) girls had got under the kitchen sink and knocked out the pipe that went to the cold water side! I did not have water gushing out like a very high powered sprinkler system all over my kitchen!!
I did not during the above, call my dad freakin' out asking what I need to do, for him to say, "Just turn off the water under the sink"! I so already knew that you could do that and had not already debated going outside and shutting all of the water off to the house.
I did not win an award at my class reunion for THE MOST CHILDREN! What an accomplishment that would've been...LOL!
Well, that's all I can remember for last week...I'm sure there is more, but I think that's enough!!
Friday, October 17, 2008
I decided to post some pictures from past years of my kiddos! I always love going back and looking at pictures when they were younger. I tried to do this last Friday but I could not get my pictures to load for anything! UGH! I got very irritated and then gave up, but guess what? It worked this time..YAY!!
KADENCE (AKA KADIE) WHEN SHE WAS 6 DAYS OLD
STRATTON (MY OLDEST) A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO
KENNEDIE WHEN SHE WAS ABOUT 3 MONTHS OLD
TRENTON WHEN HE WAS 2 YEARS OLD
STRATTON, TRENTON, AND KENNEDIE WHEN SHE WAS ABOUT A MONTH OLD
ME AND JODY WHEN I WAS PREGNANT WITH KENNEDIE (3 1/2 YEARS AGO)
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Being a child of the 80's, I decided to look up some toys that were around back then. I had most of these myself! Did any of you have them as well? Is there any others you can think of? It was really neat to take a step back in time and check these out! I wish I still had some of my toys from back then, but unfortunately I don't.
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
I've never been tagged before but have seen a lot of "tagged" posts. My great new friend Amie decided to tag me! I love reading her blog and I think you all should check her out. Ok, so I'm supposed to do this:
7 Totally Random Facts About Me!
I've just recently done a post like this, but I guess I will try to list 7 different Random facts just for your reading pleasure!
1. I am a smoker (LOL, I had to add that one in Amie after reading your list!) I'm not happy at all for this fact, but I'm also not doing anything to quit right now. I know I need to, but I'm just not at the point where I want to. That may sound horrible, I know, but hey at least I'm honest!
2. My favorite food(that I prepare myself) is Mexican casserole...with chicken or hamburger meat. It's great, although I don't cook it enough, because it's kinda expensive to prepare!
3. When I was 2 yrs old, I could recite every nursery rhyme from the Mother Goose book. (surely everyone has heard of this book) Not that I'm trying to toot my own horn or anything, but none of my kids have been able to do that at 2, so I think it is a pretty good accomplishment! *grin*
4. I have a new, great, sincere respect for people who adopt. This respect has came from reading Amie's blog, Pam's blog, , and my church friends and fellow bloggers The Files.
These three are so inspiring to me and I love to read their wonderful family stories. I'm so thankful that there are people like them in this world that can do what they do and what I can't imagine myself ever doing! They are such wonderful people! I love you gals and guys!
5. Although I have never broken a bone in my body (besides my little toe a couple of times) 2 of my children have both had their arm broke in their short little lives so far! My 5 yr old Trenton, broke his arm while jumping off his papaws bed! He is little, but he's a firecracker with nerves of steel! My 3 yr old, Kennedie had her arm broke during her birth. She came out sideways and broke her little arm on my pelvic bone. It healed in 2 weeks and she was fine, but I never thought something like that would happen!
6. I'm addicted to Coca Cola! I have to have my Coke everyday or you really don't want to be around me...seriously! I drink way too many a day which most likely contributes to the lots of extra fat on my body right now!
7. I have one sister, Jayna, which I love very much, but I always wished I had more siblings. This may also be one of the contributing factors to me having four children myself!
Oh yea, I almost forgot! I'm not going to pick 7 people to tag! So if you want to join in, feel free and I will read it!
Sunday, October 12, 2008
It's that time again!! Not me Monday with the wonderful host McKMama herself!! Check her post out, along with many more Not Me Monday fun posts!!
Here are mine:
1. I absolutely did not feed my kids cereal for breakfast, lunch, and dinner yesterday!! That would be so lazy of me even if it is what they wanted!!
2. I did not read a ton of other people's blogs in search for ideas for me to post, since I can't really think of anything to talk about these days!
3. My daughter did not put 2 rolls of toilet paper in the toilet and try to flush! If something like that were to happen, I wouldn't have caught it right before the flood came!!
4. I did not start a diet one day and quit it the next day! That wouldn't be very determined now would it!!
5. I'm definetly not having my class reunion next weekend, because that would mean I've been out of school for 10 years and I'm so not getting that old yet!!! Not me, it's only been a couple of years I think!
oops forgot one
6. I surely didn't catch my 3 yr old cutting my 1 yr old's little twig of a pigtail with scissors I had never seen before and had no idea where they came from! By the way...her daddy told me later that he found some scissors in the bathroom!
My new blog friend Tonya had a list of Random things about her and I thought it would be a neat post for myself as well. I've met so many new, wonderful blog friends and it's always good to get to know each other more and more! So here are some Random things about ME!!
1. My parents were married at the tender age of 16 and 17 and they are still married to this day!! They have been married for 28 years!! That is so wonderful to me and I'm thankful for them everyday!!
2. I loved to be the center of attention as a child and I did not like it one bit when my sister was born and I was mean to her until I became an adult!! I know that sounds harsh, but its the truth and she would be quick to share some horror stories about me I'm sure! But we are very close now and I love her to death!! Oh yea, and I have apologized for all of those horrible things I did!
3. In school, I participated in gymnastics, softball, and was also a member of the Pom squad! I was very active, although you sure wouldn't be able to tell now (10yrs later)! Speaking of school, my 10 year class reunion is next weekend! Man, I'm getting old!!
4. I love to take pictures, although I do not have a working camera (besides a video one) at the present moment which would explain my lack of recent picture posts!
5. I'm very sensitive and can cry at the drop of a hat! I cry when I'm happy, sad, mad, and for any other reason. I cry during movies, church, weddings, births, funerals, and at my kid's school events! I'm a big ol' baby and that pretty much sums that one up.
6. I love to cook, but I hate to clean! I'm not at all a neat freak. I'm actually very messy and always have been! I'm not organized at all! I definitely know I need to work on these things though, being I have 4 kids to clean up after! By the way, I do love doing laundry though, which is the only part of cleaning house that I enjoy!
7. I've always (since I was a little girl) wanted to be a mommy, which might explain me having 4 kids! My mom thinks I'm nuts! She never wanted more than 2 and was in shock everytime I came up pregnant! She always begged me to stop! I always got the "don't you know what causes that?" and the "don't you know how expensive kids are?" speech everytime!
8. I hate wearing makeup and I don't unless I feel it's absolutely neccessary! I'm a "no make up, t-shirt, flip-flop, ponytail" kind of girl for sure!
9. I love meeting new people on blogs! It's so neat to read about other people from around the world! I like to learn about other experiences! Some are very inspiring and help me to get through my own obstacles.
10. I love talk shows, reality shows, and lifetime movies...(which I cry when I watch those too!)
11. I had a wonderful life growing up! That all changed when I hit adult years. I have been through a lot in the last 10 years: marriage, divorce, 4 births, college (the whole 10 years to be exact!). I've been very poor, not knowing how I would make it. I've moved a countless amount of times. The last few months have been looking up: I graduated college (although I can not find a job yet!), found a nice house to live in, and most important: I turned back to the Lord!! That was the best choice I ever made! I know all the years of struggles would've been a lot easier if I would've turned to Him, but I didn't, I admit it. But now, I put everything in His hands! I pray and then pray somemore; I read the Word and read it some more! I talk about it with family and friends! So now, I don't get so depressed, I don't get as stressed out, I'm happier, I'm friendlier (is that a word?)!! I am so thankful for all my friends and family who have helped me through the years! And I am most thankful for God in my life! I am truly blessed!!
Thursday, October 9, 2008
I found a blog that gives a lists of prompts to choose from and you pick one or more of them and write your post! So I've decided to jump in and give it a try, especially since I don't really have anything to say today. So you can go to
Mama's Losin' It and get the details if you'd like to join. I picked "10 Biggest Fears", so here I go:
1. My children meeting the Lord before I do. I can't imagine losing a child and I've read many blogs about others who have and are very strong about it, but I don't know how I, personally, would be able to. So I definetly fear that.
2. I fear anybody not knowing Jesus! I really do have a strong fear for the people who don't know our God! It's very scary to me! Especially my own family and friends.
3. I fear car wrecks. This fear has been brought on at an even stronger level after all the car incidents that have happened here lately. But I've always thought about it. I can't help but think about everyday as I am driving down the road and watching people passing by!
4. A very big fear of mine also is: Public speaking. I have never been good at talking in front of a crowd! In college, my last semester, we had to do a presentation in which we all had to speak by ourselves...completely alone...up there in front of lots of people!! During practice for this presentation, I had a full blown panic attack and had to go outside. Luckily, the day of the presentation I was able to do mine...I wasn't very good at it..but there were no panic attacks, no passing out, no crying, etc. so I was relieved for that!
5. I fear not finding a career that I am truly satisified with. I want to wake up every morning and love what I do. I want to help others (I am a social work major after all). I think this fear is greater at the moment also, being I still haven't found a job at all, much less one that I love!
6. I fear my children not having satisfying, happy lives growing up. I want my children to be happy and have fun as they grow up. I don't want them to be depressed, teased, or fail at things they love to do! Life's too short not to enjoy it! So hopefully I will help my children to live happy lives. I also want them to grow up living for the Lord and knowing how important it is to serve Him.
7. At this present moment, I fear the election. I fear what will happen in this world after this election. I hope and pray that whomever is elected does this country justice. But for some reason, I have a very eerie, in my gut, feeling that things aren't going to go so well.
8. I fear closed in spaces. I do not like to feel trapped in any shape, form, or fashion. I don't like to be held down. I don't like to be closed in tight quarters. I have had panic attacks when situations like these have occurred and I just don't like it one stinkin' bit!
9. I fear heights. I fear when I am at great heights that I will fall and I think about that falling the whole time. So I prefer to not go to far above ground level if any way possible.
10. I fear snakes. I don't like snakes of any kind, even the ones that are green and harmless. I don't want anything to do with any of them and would prefer them to not get in my path. They are just plain creepy!!
So there they are...I'm sure I could think of more, but that's it for now! Join in if you'd like, I would love to read what others fear.
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
I decided to join in on the Tackle It Tuesday fun! You can click the button above to find more Tackle It Tuesday posts as well!! Well here it goes..(although there wasn't much tackling for me today, I'm sad to say)
1. I got all 4 kids dressed and ready for school..put the 2 oldest on the school bus and took the 2 youngest to daycare. (I used to take all the kids to school until I had an incident with my van that included me hitting a culvert...which left us with a very small ford ranger which does NOT house 4 children in no way, shape, form, or fashion)
2. I finished mowing the very, very, tall grass in my yard!(minus weedeating...I don't do this task well...ok so I've never actually tried, but I just don't think it's for me)
3. I swept "some" of the floors in my house. (my vacuum is out of commission, much like my van is, so that leaves me with sweeping the carpet!) Has anyone ever done this besides me...because it's a horrible experience and takes a very lengthy period of time to say the least!
4. I checked folders and backpacks and gave baths also...but that's an everyday thing..so that's not much of a victory, but I'm running out of options here people..didn't you see above where "there wasn't much tackling for me today"
I'm sure I might tackle some more things sometime this evening and night, but as for now that's it for my tackling!!
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Now for my second week of partcipating in Not Me Monday hosted by the wonderful McKmama! You can click on the Not Me Monday button above to get to her site and read more Not Me Posts along with McMama's herself! Now, here are mine:
I did not feed my daughter and I cookies and doritos for lunch. I would never partake in such unhealthy eating habits.
I did not find my daughter (for the second time) using her own bodily functions as finger paint to decorate the walls!
I did not put a bow in my nephews hair because I thought he would make such a precious little girl! That would be so cruel and not to mention damaging to his self image. So I would never be responsible for such embarassment!
I did not endulge myself in 2 full size Kit Kat bars prior to posting this! If I were to do that, I definetly wouldn't be wondering why I need I am so fat these days!
Now, what did you "Not" do this week?
Saturday, October 4, 2008
Well, we went to Jody's annual employee picnic today. They give away a lot of prizes including a flat screen T.V., 5 burner gas grill, bicycle, DVD player, Laptop computer and a bunch of t-shirts, coolers, chairs, hats, gift cards, etc. I was hoping to get that computer or TV, but no such luck! Everyone got 4 or more things a piece which was good! But all what we got was 2 little coolers, a chair, and an ink pen! Not very lucky, but oh well, we had free catered food and the kids had fun at the park!
I didn't make it to Stratton's ballgame because the picnic went later than expected and the girls passed smooth out right when we got home. But his daddy just called me and they WON 26-24! It apparently was a very good game! The team they beat was undefeated(I'm pretty sure anyway)!
So, now that the girls are napping, I'm going to relax for a couple of hours I hope.
Friday, October 3, 2008
To update on Roy coming home. He called me this morning and despite the horrible connection, he will hopefully be here Sunday or Monday! He is supposed to fly out tommorow depending on the sand! Also, his birthday is October 9th so he will be here on his birthday and he is very excited about that! He is ready to see his wife, family, and let's not forget hunt! Melissa has been working until 7 almost everyday just so she can take off some while he is here. She started her job at UAM not too long ago and didn't have any time built up to take off!
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Jody's brother, Roy will be leaving out on Friday from Iraq for his 2 weeks R&R. That is IF everything goes as planned. You can never be too sure with that kind of thing with sand storms and flight issues. But hopefully all will go as planned and he will be here soon. Jody is very excited because it is hunting season officially now and he will get to hunt with his brother for a couple of weeks. Do you think it was a coincidence that he's coming home during hunting season? (nahhh) Melissa (his wife) is also extremely happy as well. She hasn't seen her hubby since Jan.! I also think a lot of Roy, so I'm also excited! So, with that, I'll leave you with a few random pics of Roy over the past few years. God Bless Our Troops!!
ROY AND MELISSA
ROY AND KENNEDIE(when she was born obviously..lol)
ROY AT WAR MEMORIAL STADIUM IN LITTLE ROCK