Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Weight Loss Update

I know I'm due for a much needed weight loss update, so here it goes! I've had a lot of ups and downs on this adventure for sure, but I've stuck to it and am very happy with the way things are going.

Starting weight: 170
current weight: 155.5
Total Weight Loss: 14.5 lbs

I know that doesn't sound great after I lost 12 so fast, but I wasn't eating right when I lost those first 12 and I gained most of them back and started back the right way. I measured myself on Jan. 11 and I just measured again Sunday (Feb. 8) and I've lost a little over 8 inches all over! I'm very pleased with that. The hardest area for me has been my hips and thighs. They are making the slowest progress which is not helping me to drop sized very fast. My waist is getting alot smaller, so now I've just got to get my rear in gear!!

If anyone has any tips to slim the hips and thighs, please send them my way! I do squats, walk and run, but besides that, I don't really know what to do for those areas.

I hope to lose 5 more pounds this month, so we'll see!

I'm going to catch up on my blog reading soon too, so don't think that I've forgotten anyone!!
Love, Jenn

10 comments:

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) February 10, 2009 at 9:40 PM  

That is so great. I can't wait for you to post pictures. Hips and thighs are the hardest for me. Steps and hills help those areas for me. You are doing great, hope work is going well too.

He & Me + 3 February 10, 2009 at 9:49 PM  

That is awesome...send some of tha motivation over here. I would love to get my rear in gear. Great job!

ash February 11, 2009 at 1:20 PM  

GOOD JOB....KEEP WORKING IT WILL FALL OFF!!! TAKE IT SLOW AND EASY!! STEPS WILL HELP FOR SURE...BUT REMEMBER THAT DOING ALL OF THAT WILL MAKE MUSCLE WICH WEIGHS MORE THAN FAT KEEP IT UP

Emily February 11, 2009 at 1:39 PM  

ahh yeah:) yeah yeah yeah! very happy for you! and proud of you:)

Keeper of the Skies Wife February 11, 2009 at 6:56 PM  

WOW!!! I'm a little jealous! I have hit a Plateau! Good job!!

Mandy February 11, 2009 at 9:05 PM  

That's awesome!! Slow and steady weight loss is weight that STAYS off. It always takes me close to TWO YEARS to reach my goal weight (and size) after having each baby... that's only with me needing to lose around 30 pounds.

As for trimming the hip and thigh area... squats and toning exercises are great - and building those large muscles help you burn more calories ALL of the time. (even when asleep! SWEET!) However, NOTHING can make one area smaller, or "spot reduce." A million squats won't necessarily give you a smaller rear... nor will a million crunches gives you a flat stomach. It helps, but all over weight loss is what it takes. My problem area is consistently my stomach. I have to get really tiny everywhere else to get my body to let go of that fat. :P

Anonymous,  February 12, 2009 at 3:33 AM  

you're doing the right thing by losing slowly and purposefully. in the long run, it's a LIFESTYLE change that'll stick with you for a lifetime more than a fad diet or just starvation until you've lost what you wanted to lose, because you can't starve yourself forever, and so as soon as you stop the starvation diet when you've reached your goal, you go back to what you knew before you started, and it all comes back and then some.

i'm with mandy on the "spot reduction" theory, btw. just hang in there, it'll come off! great job, jennifer!

Anonymous,  February 12, 2009 at 12:43 PM  

You are looking great. Weight loss is always hard especially after the first week of losing a lot.

Momnerd February 13, 2009 at 2:18 PM  

I've missed you! You won an award on my blog: http://themomnerd.blogspot.com/2009/02/my-first-blog-award-yippee.html

Shelley February 16, 2009 at 12:02 PM  

you have been a human incubator for 36 months of your life.... it's SUPPOSED to take time to lose the weight!! I think you are doing great.

A little about me:

I enjoy reading other people's blogs, and I love getting comments from my readers! I just got a job and I'll update as I get more into the job scene! I am working hard to improve my daily walk with Christ, and gets lots of guidance in doing so from my church family and friends. Please feel free to "follow" me on my blog, to check out the happenings of my day to day life as a mom to 4!

Where You Can Find Me

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP