Thursday, September 25, 2008

Why??

Why is it that kids like to act totally different when they are away from home? I know my mom has told me a many of times that I was the same way, but I am yet to figure out why?

My little Kadence decides while she is at daycare to become a "mute" child! And yes, I mean completely uttering no words, baby talk, anything! I ask them everyday, because I keep thinking that one day she will talk to them too. As I speak of this, my Kadie is blabbing away (to herself). She can actually say lots of things, like mama, bye bye, bubba, kennedie (a little anyway), nana, papaw, meme, daddy, baby, book, and so on. I do not think she is talking like she should for her age (20 months), but nonetheless, she does speak. So back to my question, does anyone have a clue why she chooses to stay mute while at daycare! I'm clueless!!

Then there is Kennedie, who is wonderful at school..(minus the peeing on herself everyday for the last week) They all love her and think she is just the sweetest little thing! They also feel that way at church about Miss prissy pants (i said pRissy pants, not the other that I probably should be referring her to, or at least for the last week). When she gets home.....watch out....she is going to get into anything and everything, try to eat anything and everything, be mean to her sister and brothers, throw fits, talk back, and yes, still pee in her pants!! But, she is smiling all the while! So why is it that she can't be sweet all evening too? Is she just so tired of being good all day, that she just HAS to unleash the dragon?

Then there is Stratton, who also never gets in trouble at school and is so sweet and quiet! Well that's a joke when he steps foot in the truck after school! He actually has a very smart mouth and can be very mean to his siblings! He also likes to say he "hates" things or people...I really despise it when kids (especially mine) say they "hate" anything!

O.k. and last, but not least, there is Trenton....ummm....well....actually he isn't much different at home. He can be rowdy and back talk occasionally, but for the most part he is a very sweet, loving, cuddling, little kindergartner. I know I better enjoy it though...because that sweet little boy will be growing up soon and things always change, at least somewhat.

3 comments:

Pam September 26, 2008 at 3:26 PM  

I don't know why they act that way! Mine do the same! FORTUNATELY, it makes them NORMAL! I had a child once in my care who did the opposite... it was NOT healthy, NOT okay, so take comfort in that little bit!

Thanks for the nice comment on my blog today. So much pain in the world, isn't there? Can't wait until we all get to Heaven and there is no more pain!!

Shelley September 26, 2008 at 9:22 PM  

at least none of them bite. that's all I am gonna say....

AJ Huffman September 30, 2008 at 7:26 PM  

Good to see that my son isn't the only one. He acts shy sometimes when we are out. But give him a few minutes and he'll warm up to people and he's his normal self. Thanks for the comments on my blog, I'll add you to my blog roll soon.

A little about me:

I enjoy reading other people's blogs, and I love getting comments from my readers! I just got a job and I'll update as I get more into the job scene! I am working hard to improve my daily walk with Christ, and gets lots of guidance in doing so from my church family and friends. Please feel free to "follow" me on my blog, to check out the happenings of my day to day life as a mom to 4!

Where You Can Find Me

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP