Friday, November 7, 2008

I've been thinking...

O.k., I've been thinking about what to post the last couple of days and haven't really come up with much until now...I decided that I needed to post a few things that have been on my mind lately.

Can anyone explain to me why is it that I FINALLY finished college after 10 yrs of attending, through the birth of my 4 children, a marriage, a divorce, and so on and so on...and I can't find a job?????!!!! (I'm sorry if I appear to be ranting) I just don't understand why people want to hire ONLY people with prior experience. HELLO! I have been going to college the last 10 yrs...I don't have any experience actually working in the field yet! Although, I probably have more education about the field than some of the people that get hired over me do! It's just so irritating....errrrrr!!! I've even applied for MANY jobs that don't even call me for an interview!! How is that fair? At least give a woman a chance here!! I know that I really need to be working, being I have 4 children and all, but it's so hard for me to just go back to being a cashier working for minimum wage, when I worked SO hard to get that piece of paper called a diploma!!! Shouldn't that account for something?? Anything? At least something better than minimum wage???!!

I know this is partly due to my location. There are not many job opportunities around here, but there are some, because I have faithfully applied for any one of them that pop up! I keep telling myself that if I had the money, I would just go back to school and get my masters and become a therapist.(they say crazy people make the best therapists...lol) But even then, there probably still wouldn't be anything!

I'm just fed up with it! I'm tired of subbing for a little bit of nothing to make ends meet! I need a real job! One that pays me for my hard-earned degree! Geez! I keep praying and praying and praying...and looking and looking and looking...and so far nothing! I have faith in God that everything will come together for me eventually, but I'm just ready for it NOW! I know I shouldn't be so impatient, but I feel like such a loser when people ask me what I'm doing now and I have to say...ummm..let me see...nothing... But I do have a bach. degree in Social Work and the response I get is: "Oh, there's a lot of jobs in that field. You shouldn't have any problems finding a job." HA HA HA! That's actually what I thought too while I was dwindling away my last few weeks of college. I seriously thought to myself, "I'm going to have a job as soon as I start applying!" Boy, was I fooled!

I seriously could go on and on about this, but I'll stop now, before I get even more carried away! Please, all my dear bloggy friends, if you don't mind...Will you please say a prayer for me? I would so greatly appreciate it!! I LOVE YOU ALL!! If it weren't for bloggy world, I would be in a nut house about right now!!

8 comments:

Anonymous,  November 8, 2008 at 1:26 AM  

I wonder if working with CASA would give you a jumpstart in the experience arena-even though its not a paid job?
I will pray for ya!

Us November 8, 2008 at 10:25 AM  

Jen - finding a job is so tough! But I know something will come your way soon. You've worked so hard!!! I will pray for you!

MaricrisG November 8, 2008 at 11:14 AM  

I hear ya! Been in that shoe quite a few times. SO crazy how the "internal" policies work. It's not written in black and white but for some reason recruiters always look at your "past experiences"! duh! Oh well, it will come. I so wish you best of luck!

from another Sitstah- MAricris

ash November 8, 2008 at 1:28 PM  

Im sorry your having a hard time with finding a job...ugh...i know it can be frustrating but hang in there girl...God will work it all out...he may have something bigger and better worth waiting for....you will be in my prayers!!!

♥ Becky ♥ November 8, 2008 at 1:31 PM  

I've always thought that it was so interesting how jobs hire for experience instead of the education that is actually needed for the position. It makes it hard for people to get motivated to actually do college if they know that it may not help them get the actual job they want. I wish I could have gone to college but being a young single Mom never afforded me the opportunity. I hope to some day actually go to college.
I will definitely pray that you will find something soon. It can be frustrating and disappointing to apply and then not hear anything but God has something somewhere for you and it will show itself soon. Stay positive and we will all continue to pray.

Pam November 8, 2008 at 3:13 PM  

Prayers that God will bring you YOUR job!!

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) November 9, 2008 at 1:31 AM  

My heart breaks for the frustration I hear in this post. I will be praying that you will find the exact place you are suppose to be. God is good, and he will provide.

Daphine November 10, 2008 at 12:29 PM  

Hi Jennifer,
I stumbled across your blog while visiting another one.

Isn't it nice that you can post whatever you wish to speak about on your own blog? I sense your frustration in this area. It is ridiculous that business use the most popular statement like, "we're only hiring someone with experience." I hate that! I am actually the boss at my place of employment and ready for this? I usually don't hire experienced people. Everyone deserves a chance to prove themselves, but I would normally hire an inexperienced to atleast give them the chance that I was given many years ago. It blesses me to hire out this way. I'm sorry that you're having such difficulty though. Just continue to pray and believe and God will bring you through this. This I know!

I enjoyed my stay and will visit again.

God bless you!

A little about me:

I enjoy reading other people's blogs, and I love getting comments from my readers! I just got a job and I'll update as I get more into the job scene! I am working hard to improve my daily walk with Christ, and gets lots of guidance in doing so from my church family and friends. Please feel free to "follow" me on my blog, to check out the happenings of my day to day life as a mom to 4!

Where You Can Find Me

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP