Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Doctor's Visit

O.K., First, last week Kadence had a horrible rash, which from previous experience, I thought was a strep rash. Kennedie had the same rash a while back and that's what it was. Before that, I had no clue that you could get a rash from Strep and I also had no clue that a kid could have strep and it not be the typical strep throat! I know I should've known these things after 4 kids, but it had never happened before, so I didn't.

Back to my story...When I took Kadence to the Dr., her strep test was negative and he said that the rash was just a reaction to her body fighting off some sort of infection. So she got some medicine and we went on with our lives.

Well, Saturday night, Kennedie began to get a rash on her chest, and Sunday and Monday, it had quickly spread all over her entire body..scalp and all! And her's itches!! So, today, I decided I might better go get it checked out.

Sure enough, she had strep. The Doctor suggested a shot, which I agreed, and we waited for the nurse to come administer the shot. When she came in, she told Kennedie that she would give her the shot in her butt. Kennedie quickly responded and said, "NO, In my leg!" And preceded to pull her pants leg up. The Nurse said, "I have to do it in a big muscle". Kennedie said, "NO, My arm!" Finally I convinced her that she had to have it in her butt, so we laid her on her belly and she did quite well, with only a few whimpers. We got her a sucker and off we went.

On the way to the van, I said, "That hurt a little, huh, Kennedie?" And she quickly said, "No, Mama, It hurt BIG!" It was really quite amusing to me! (not to her though!) Then we went to Fred's pharamacy to get the prescriptions and she decided to tell everyone we saw that she got a shot in her butt and got a bandaid on it! My little girl is NOT shy in the least bit! She's sleeping now, and hopefully will be fine soon. I just thought I would share my day with you all!

19 comments:

Us December 2, 2008 at 4:23 PM  

Awww...I hope everyone is feeling better soon! Love what Kennedie said! So cute! Butt shots do hurt! xo Keli

Us December 2, 2008 at 4:24 PM  

By the way...love the new header for Christmas and all the new pictures! Your kids are adorable!

He & Me + 3 December 2, 2008 at 4:48 PM  

Hope everyone is feeling better soon and you can stay out of the DRs. Never had a shot in the butt, but I can guess it really would hurt. Poor thing.

Keeper of the Skies Wife December 2, 2008 at 7:23 PM  

The rash from Strep sounds like Scarlet Fever. I had it when I was little....and my oldest got it in the 4th grade

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) December 2, 2008 at 7:49 PM  

Those shots in the bottom are painful.. Poor thing, I hope she feels better soon. We are all on the verge of being sick here...

Kelsey December 2, 2008 at 9:17 PM  

Wow brave girl! I can honestly say that even at 18 I would have run out of the room before getting a shot in my butt.
Hope she feels better soon!!

Liz December 2, 2008 at 10:58 PM  

sorry your baby is sick. hope all is back to "normal" soon!

dean December 2, 2008 at 11:21 PM  

well, no strep here, but i, too had to get the butt shot thang... 2 of 'em. i thought i deserved a hello kitty bandaid for all that indignity i was put through, but they didn't have any... or so they said. hope she gets better quick!

Alicia W. December 3, 2008 at 8:53 AM  

shots in the tushy are NO FUN! Bless her little hiney. Hope things clear up quickly. Cute header by the way - I love it!

Heidi @ Tayterjaq's Rebels December 3, 2008 at 1:46 PM  

I hope everyone is on the mend and things go back to normal soon...as normal as life gets with 4 kids that is..:-)

Aubrey December 3, 2008 at 4:41 PM  

So cute. Poor little boo-boo.
Ok, I can see why you never know. Strep, not strep, strep. Sheesh! LOL

Rissa December 4, 2008 at 10:12 AM  

Aww Hope everyone feels 100% better ASAP.. Sorry your baby has strep... Will be praying for you all!

HiHoOhio December 5, 2008 at 9:04 AM  

so sorry for the illness....bloggy love for you on my post

Debbie December 5, 2008 at 3:20 PM  

Hi Jennifer! Thanks for stopping by Blog Around the World. Just wanted to let you know that you are all linked up!

Pam December 5, 2008 at 7:33 PM  

Owwwww! what a brave girl you have there!! hope she is doing better tonight.

Pennies In My Pocket December 6, 2008 at 3:14 PM  

Awww I'm so sorry about the illness in your house. We're dealing with the stomach bug AGAIN.

This post had me thinking about how easy it is to get shots in our family...an 18 month old doesn't really put up much of a fight since she doesn't know what's going on. I can't even imagine how difficult it will be when she wises up.

Hope all is well soon!! Sick babies are so sad! Breaks my heart. :(

~melody~

Mc Allen December 6, 2008 at 3:57 PM  

Hey, Jen how is everyone feeling? Much better I hope!! Where ya been, I need to talk to ya, please email me as soon as you can, we_allens@yahoo.com Miss ya, LA

Cammie December 8, 2008 at 7:51 AM  

popping in from SITS....beautiful kids!!

Fifi Flowers December 8, 2008 at 10:04 AM  

Hope everyone is well NOW.
Pop over if you have a minute... you have a winning photo!

A little about me:

I enjoy reading other people's blogs, and I love getting comments from my readers! I just got a job and I'll update as I get more into the job scene! I am working hard to improve my daily walk with Christ, and gets lots of guidance in doing so from my church family and friends. Please feel free to "follow" me on my blog, to check out the happenings of my day to day life as a mom to 4!

Where You Can Find Me

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP