Monday, December 8, 2008

HELLO!!!

Am I the only one who has a loss of words at times?! Well, that's what's been up with me here lately. I have millions of thoughts running through this brain of mine, but can't seem to find the words to write one simple post! What's wrong with me people?!! I have so many things to be Thankful for like my family, my friends online and offline, electricity, water, food, internet, and most of all GOD! But of course I also have a nice run of not so good things like no job, no extra money for Christmas(another year..ugh!), all my files, and yes I mean ALL, including all my pictures that were on my computer are GONE! I was a bad mama and didn't have very many pics of my baby girl printed, but I thought Well, I have them on my computer, so I can print them later! BAD, BAD, BAD, idea!!! Now they are all gone!! Many videos...GONE! Along with thousands of other pictures of my family and friends! Hopefully some of my family and friends saved the ones I emailed a long time ago!

Ok....Enough of the sob story..sorry ya'll, didn't mean to dip into all that in detail and all, but it's frustrating! I've always heard that when you start to walk closer with Christ that things tend to get worse before they get better! Well, I believe it! But I know that things could always be SO MUCH WORSE than they are now! I've just got to be patient and God will map out HIS plan for me! Sometimes I just wonder if I'm just getting what I deserve for all the years that I didn't think about God first and all the years I didn't pray, go to church, read scripture, and so on and so on.
As I was reading through scripture, I stumbled upon this passage and it really spoke to me.

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:9,10

9 comments:

Heidi @ Tayterjaq's Rebels December 8, 2008 at 9:06 PM  

So sorry to hear about your computer problems. My daughter crashed my desktop last year and I also lost years and years worth of pictures. Very heartbreaking. My husband says they are out in cyber space somewhere but he hasn't been able to find them yet...we are keeping you in our prayers that something in the job market comes your way soon.

He & Me + 3 December 8, 2008 at 10:38 PM  

I love that passage of Scripture...it is actually my husbands favorite verses. You are right, things could be worse. I have been praying for you daily & hope that you will find a job soon, but it is all in His timing. Not ours. You have so many reasons to Celebrate this season. God is so good! But you already know that:)
XO,
Mimi

dean December 8, 2008 at 10:39 PM  

sorry to hear about you losing all that stuff on your hard drive. sometimes... SOMETIMES they can still be retrieved though. you might want to take it to tiners or strykers and they just may be able to retrieve at least some of them for you. a friend of mine had that happen to her laptop after they moved to brazil, and when her husband had to come back to arkansas to get some paperwork they needed for their permanent visas, he brought the laptop back with him and whoever he took it to got their pictures and some data files back for them. worth a shot anyway. in the future, you might want to upload your pics and vids to someplace like photobucket or flickr.

i'll continue praying about your job situation too.

Kelsey December 8, 2008 at 10:44 PM  

Thanks for that verse, I really needed it! I've been feeling emotionally miserable for the last 2 weeks and I can't understand why things happen the way that they do. It's all in God's timing, but sometimes I'm very uncertain and it's hard to relinquish my "I need to be in control" attitude to God.

I'm so sorry to hear about your pictures! Are you sure they aren't on your backup drive? Have you taken it to a computer store to see if they can help you? It may be worth the money. I pray that you find a job soon and that everything will work out perfectly for you!

ash December 8, 2008 at 11:35 PM  

keep your head up girl!!! its ok to feel down a lil bit and i know they could be worse but just remember its going to get better! God has great things for you and your family just sometimes our timing isnt the same as HIS!!! and that is so hard to understnad sometimes! Keep looking towards Him and He will never let you down! Dont feel as your being punished just look at as a growing period! I love that scripture.... i need to jot them down! IM GLAD YOUR BACK I WAS MISSING YOU!!! MY DRAMA IS POSTED ON MY PAGE I WAS TELLING YOU AOBUT

Debbie December 9, 2008 at 10:02 AM  

Just remember His time is perfect. It's hard at times because I want an answer and I want it now- sounds like your on the right path. Keep the faith!

Barb J. December 10, 2008 at 11:31 AM  

That's a great verse. Sorry to hear about your computer problems. I think computers are one of the necessary evils. Thanks for entering my giveaway.

Mandy December 11, 2008 at 6:00 PM  

Oh girl.. that stinks!!! Hope they can be found!

I can tell you from first hand experience that when you start getting closer to Christ, your life can feel like it's falling apart.

I lost a VERY close friend of mine, due to some very ridiculous things, several months ago as I was on my uphill stride to becoming closer to God. It was the most hurtful thing that's happened to me in a very long time... and I knew it wasn't coincidental that it happened then.

A mere few months later I was told that someone that was confiding in me for different things was actually emailing mean things about me to others. I never confronted them, it didn't seem worth it, but again.. not a coincidence. After those two events, I've been fighting HARD to not have a constant wall up. I'm natually a fairly open person but that kind of stuff makes you want to close up and avoid people. (the Devil KNOWS how to keep us from sharing God's word with others!!)

Keep your chin up and keep in prayer!! I hope you can find some peace and comfort in your new friends at Journey. We truly love you and want nothing but great things and happiness for you! I know everyone there has helped me overcome so many things in such a short period of time.

A little about me:

I enjoy reading other people's blogs, and I love getting comments from my readers! I just got a job and I'll update as I get more into the job scene! I am working hard to improve my daily walk with Christ, and gets lots of guidance in doing so from my church family and friends. Please feel free to "follow" me on my blog, to check out the happenings of my day to day life as a mom to 4!

Where You Can Find Me

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP