Tuesday, December 30, 2008

It's almost the New Year!!!

It's about that time and boy where has the time went?!! It seems the older I get the quicker the years go by!! Does anyone else feel that way, or is it just me?! I can remember being a teenager and it seemed like forever before I was 18 and then 21, but after that I couldn't tell you where the years went! I figured it would be a good time to set myself a few New Year's Resolutions, so here I go!!

1. Lose 30-40lbs!! I've been needing to do this for awhile now and couldn't find the motivation! Well, I have it now, and actually started on this venture 3 days ago!! I also haven't had a Coke in 3 days and I used to drink at least 5 a day! Wow! I never thought I could do it, but amazingly it hasn't been too hard! I am taking Hydroxcut too, because I'm not so good at the diet thing on my own. I'll start posting weekly on my weight loss! Wish me luck!

2. Exercise!! I also started this when I started the weight loss kick, so I plan to stick with it! My body aches all over, but I know it will be worth it in the end!

3. Get a camera!! I don't have a working one at the moment and I hate not being able to take pics of the kiddos!

4. Along with number 3: Take more pictures of my kids!!

5. Have a closer relationship with God in every shape, form, and fashion!

6. Catch up on my debts! After not working for so long, I have a lot of money owed and bills to pay, not to mention a whole lot of student loan to pay off!

7. Spend more one on one time with my kids! I rarely get the chance to spend quality time with each of my four kids, and I want that to change. So, I plan to do whatever it takes to accomplish this! Each kid deserves some Mommy and me time in my opinion!

8. Post more on my blog! I tend to slack on the posts and I would like to get to posting more frequently.

That's it for now! I might think of more later. Stay tuned...

Oh yea, and by the way, my 29th birthday is Saturday and its kind of weirded me out being so close to 30, but oh well, it's a part of life! I did get a scanner/printer for Christmas, so hopefully I will get some of my baby pics scanned and put on my computer so I can post about my birthday!

12 comments:

He & Me + 3 December 31, 2008 at 8:26 AM  

Happy New Year to you too! Your list is great. I think very achievable too. Happy Early Birthday. you are so young!

AJ Huffman December 31, 2008 at 9:04 AM  

Happy New Year. And don't worry about hitting 30, come May I'll be two years past thirty. It's not as bad as you think.

Keeper of the Skies Wife December 31, 2008 at 9:31 AM  

Great list!

30 is a wonderful age...it's 40 that is scary!!!

Happy New Year!

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) December 31, 2008 at 9:39 AM  

Great post, love hearing your goals. Happy New Year, and Happy early Birthday. By the way 29 a piece of cake. I just turned 39, ssshhhh...

Debbie December 31, 2008 at 9:58 AM  

Been there : 30's, 40's and now
50's - trust me it's just more precious memories you have made. It's no big deal - I'm just thankful to wake up each day and be with my family and friends. You will be fine.

Alicia W. December 31, 2008 at 11:32 AM  

Happy new years sweetie and a early birthday wish.

Jane Anne December 31, 2008 at 11:40 AM  

Happy New Year! I loved reading your list. I made a list of goals at the beginning of 2008. It was fun reading back over them. But, 2009 has snuck up on me and I haven't done the same thing. Gotta get to it!

Kelsey December 31, 2008 at 1:22 PM  

Happy New Years!

I'll be trying to lose weight right along with you. Let me know how that hydroxicut works, I may try it. I'm not good at the stuff on my own either - I need to see results ASAP or I give up.

Tara Steffen Fotos December 31, 2008 at 5:22 PM  

Those are great resolutions!!! My hubby and I started walking again two days ago. Even in the cold. I am soooo out of shape! Ugh!
Note: Your word verification says "fatingle". Do you think this is a new word for us?

Anonymous,  January 1, 2009 at 4:41 PM  

Hi Jennifer! I just wanted to stop by and say Hi and to let you know that you won the giveaway over at Bienvenue~ Congrats girlfriend!! I sent you a email. Hope you get it. If not just comment me back on my blog. Smiles!!! Susie Harris

Melissa January 1, 2009 at 6:10 PM  

Hey there visiting from SITS

I hope you are having a great new year so far!

I am having a fantastic tutu giveway on my boutique blog that you should check out!! I bet your daughters would like it(its a stretchy band so it will prob fit both of them)!!

www.thefairytaleboutique.blogspot.com

Country Mouse, City Mouse January 3, 2009 at 11:42 AM  

Happy Birthday, and Happy New Year!!

All the best and good luck with your goals for 2009.

A little about me:

I enjoy reading other people's blogs, and I love getting comments from my readers! I just got a job and I'll update as I get more into the job scene! I am working hard to improve my daily walk with Christ, and gets lots of guidance in doing so from my church family and friends. Please feel free to "follow" me on my blog, to check out the happenings of my day to day life as a mom to 4!

Where You Can Find Me

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP